top of page

My vehicle was in an accident and now it is at your yard.  What do I need to do next? 

1.  Contact  your insurance agent and ask for their guidance.

2.  Please call our office and give us a verbal release to your insurance company.  (At this time, you may also arrange to retrieve your personal belongings.)

3.  If the insurance company decides to have it repaired, have them contact us to arrange to have it towed to the chosen repair facility.

4.  If the insurance company decides that it is totaled, we need a verbal release from the insurance company to release it to the salvage company.

My vehicle has been impounded, what do I need to retrieve it? 

1.  You must be the registered owner of the vehicle.

2.  You must have photo ID.

3.  You must pay the towing & storage fees.

I'm not a registered owner but I was driving the vehicle when it was impounded.  Can I claim the vehicle if I pay the fees? 

We will only release vehicles and belongings to registered owners.  You'll need one of the them present or a notorized statement from the registered owners giving you permissions to access the vehicle.

The police took my license so I don't have a photo ID.  Now what? 

We will need some sort of photo identification to verify who you are before we can release the vehicle and/or its contents to you.  You can speak to the Department of Motors Vehicles regarding  your options.

I can't afford the fees.  Am I allowed to just retrieve my belongings? 

Yes, you may retrieve personal belongings from the vehicle as long as you are one of the registered owners.  This is limited to IDs, wallets/purses, cell phones and child restraint seats.

If I can't retrieve my vehicle right away, are there daily storage fees? 

Yes, each day that the vehicle is impounded, a storage fee of $40 will be added to the bill.

I have the title and my name is signed in the "Buyer" information.  Will allow me access to the  vehicle? 

No, the vehicle must officially be titled and/or registered to you.  The only exception to this rule is if there is a transfer pending and you are listed as the perspective owner.

I can't afford to pay all the fees at once.  Can I set up a payment plan and make payments? 

No, we must have payment in full before we are able to release the vehicle.

I received  a registered letter informing me of an impound.  What do I need to do? 

1.  You may pay the impound fees and claim the vehicle.

2.  If you choose to not claim the vehicle an you have the title, you may bring us the title after signing as "Seller"  (This stops the accumulation of storage fees.)

3.  You may do nothing and simply let it go to auction.

I have a junk vehicle on my property.  Will you dispose of it for me for free? 

We will dispose of  junk/abandoned vehicles on a case-by-case basis.  Depending on the situation, we may do so for free or for a small disposal fee.  (NOTE: If you have the title, it is helpful to  the process if that is available.)

bottom of page